Asset Management organisations and departments usually have a goal to build an outstanding team of capable, skilled, engaged and committed people who align with and demonstrate their organization’s values and culture.
This begins with leadership skills, with the supervisor being critically important for three reasons:
- Supervisors hold the critical role of enabling the translation of health and safety policy and procedures into the real world, especially the culture of their team
- Supervisors translate the work quality and technical standards into the real world
- Effectively, the supervisor role is where the rubber hits the road!
Bluefield provides training, coaching, and mentoring to new, experienced, and aspiring supervisors. Our main program, the Bluefield Effective Supervision Course, is a flexible learning and development program that is designed to build practical supervisory skills that are aligned with the specific requirements and processes of their own companies. Most importantly, the course is designed to create buy-in and alignment across a company’s entire leadership team.
Our training programs are flexible, but normally cover the core skills and knowledge a supervisor needs, such as:
- Legislative Requirements & Company-Specific expectations
- Leadership, Teamwork and Culture
- Work Management and Quality Work Execution
- Risk Management
- Incident and Injury Management
- People Performance Management
The learning activities within the Effective Maintenance Supervision course are designed in alignment with a model of blended learning to ensure maximum return on training investment. Participants will find the course highly interactive, with an emphasis on practical application. Bluefield encourages the participants to bring their own workplace challenges to the course and work on them throughout the relevant modules.
To ensure that participants gain maximum personal benefit from course, and demonstrate a return on investment for their time, they will be invited to complete a self-assessment of their supervisor skills before and after the course. The self-assessment is supported by a 360-degree feedback activity from their own team.
Working with their leader, coach, and the Bluefield facilitator, participants use the results to help identify strengths and opportunities for improvement that can be included in their Personal Performance Plan. And through the repeat activity at the end of the course, they’ll also see how they’ve developed as a supervisor.
Bluefield understand that supervisors are busy people and are often located on remote operational sites. Therefore, we have developed three delivery options for this course.
- Option 1 is fully online, utilising our online learning platform, the Bluefield Academy. Each module is delivered online using different media formats, and is supported by a webinar to allow for discussion, group learning, and to reinforce critical points.
- Option 2 is delivered face-to-face, either on site or in a central location
- Option 3 is a blended delivery, with the modules delivered on-line, followed by a one-day face-to-face workshop to reinforce key learnings, and prepare the personal development plans.
We understand that companies want to use their own material where possible, ensuring that their team learns about the processes, systems, and tools that they must use every day. Bluefield can prepare and customise the course to incorporate the participants’ own material, including key messages delivered by senior company leaders to set the context and reinforce expectations.
To learn more about the Bluefield Effective Maintenance Supervision course, please contact us today.