No matter how big or small the organisation is, closures, changes and outages (STOs) require extraordinary planning and execution. Poorly executed STOs can cost millions in lost revenue. Through Kepner-Tregoe's Shutdown, Turnarounds and Outages Workshops, you will learn Kepner Tregoes's rigorous and proven method of optimizing your shutdown performance. With a comprehensive approach and practical application, Kepner Tregoe's shutdown, switch, and outage workshops will ensure value at all levels of team skills.
© Copyright 2021 Kepner-Tregoe, Inc. All rights reserved.
In Kepner-Tregoe's Shutdowns, Turnarounds, and Outages workshop, you will develop the necessary skills to navigate every phase of a shut. This includes:
- Definition: Establishing communication channels and stakeholder involvement defining objectives and boundaries for all activities; outlining scope (including decommissioning and restart activities)l and planning initial resources.
- Planning: Understanding tasks, establishing accountability and timeline; developing balanced metrics; and aligning current business processes.
- Implementation: Establishing the controlled process of instituting work packages; communicating effectively; resolving issues; managing risks; returning to operational status, and ensuring systems are put into place for tracking progress and costs to stay within timeline and budget.
Appropriate for all personnel involved in shutdowns, turnarounds, and outages - including shutdown managers, planners, coordinators, contractors, team leaders, engineers, maintenance managers, tradespersons, safety personnel, finance managers, and operations personnel.
3 days (for on-site workshops).
- Learn best practices associated with all phases of a shut, including definition, planning, implementation, and restart.
- Identify tangible actions to achieve significant and sustainable improvements in shut outcomes, such as boosting team morale.
- Establish clear plans that take all stakeholders into account.
- Evaluate metrics and align current business practices to support the STO.
Return on Investment
- Halved incidents and LTI's.
- Increased efficiency of contract resources by 50%.
- Eliminated overruns.
- More than 300% improvement in on-time start-ups.
- Increased work package/activity completion rates.
- Broader organisation understanding and engagement.
- Collaboration improvement within the shutdown team.
- Extend the shutdown cycle from 12 to 18 months, reducing the maintenance budget by 30%.
Learning Tools Included: All workshop attendees will get access to online post-workshop learning tools - coaching videos, tips, tricks, worksheets and more.
Training Options: Keen to explore more on STO, register for a Public Session workshop or bring this workshop on-site to your organisation, contact us now for more details.
For more information on Shutdowns, Turnarounds, Outages - download the brochure below.